Affinegy is a leader in connected device management, service management solutions and support for cable, hardware, and telecom providers. The company has offices in Dallas, Poland, and its headquarters is located in Austin, Texas. Melissa Simpler is the CEO and also co-founded the firm in 2003. Over the last 12 years, Affinegy has focused on connected device management from things like pure Internet, broadband and Wi-Fi access, all the way to the connected home, which consists of entertainment, home automation, security. Today its main focus is on all things possible 1with the IoT. Affinegy’s main service is known as CHARIOT Connect. There are three different parts to CHARIOT Connect.
CHARIOT Connect is a cloud service for the Internet of Things (IoT). It works with AllSeen Alliance connected products as a services stack. AllSeen Alliance is an open source consortium of more than 140 companies. Affinegy is a part of the consortium and also a founding member of AllSeen Alliance. The three different parts of CHARIOT Connect are:
- CHARTIOT Mobile & Web
- CHARIOT Cloud
- CHARIOT Care
CHARIOT Mobile & Web
Enables customers to create their own custom user experiences through tapping into the power the CHARIOT Cloud. Provides simple and secure IoT customer experiences. This service can meet the demands of many different sized businesses.
Turn-key hosted servers and embedded connects that can support a variety of different devices from anywhere.
Automated customer care support dashboard, tools and reporting.
Key Functions of CHARIOT Connect
- Secure updates
- Simple privacy controls
- Status & usage reporting
- Automated customer support tools
- Simple onboarding of consumers, services, and devices
- Automated diagnostics & repairs
- Efficient remote access user experiences
On Wednesday, August 26, Affinegy was selected by GVTC Communications to support their home Wi-Fi offering for broadband subscribers. GVTC is a provider of high-speed internet, digital cable television, phone and interactive home security monitoring devices.
- CHARIOT Connect provides the installation, automated provisioning, self-care, device management, and remote care that GVTC needs in order to deliver a secure, simple, and quality service experience to its subscribers.
- CHARIOT is expected to help GVTC deliver this simple and secure service to subscribers, thus powering the IoT.
- Affinegy was selected by GVTC partly due to its innovative vision in the IoT market.