Ayla Networks markets itself as “the next phase of the internet of things.” Ayla Networks is believed by many to provide the industry’s first Agile IoT Platform. This platform accelerates the development, support, and constant enhancements of connected devices for the IoT. Ayla’s software fabric is offered to users as a cloud Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). The company was co-founded by David Friedman (CEO), Adrian Caceres (CTO), Phillip Change (VP), and Tom Lee.
Ayla’s IoT Cloud Platform
- Cloud-based application enablement platform that is simple and cost efficient for OEMs to connect any device to the internet.
- Software helps to create an adaptive fabric to speed up the support and development of smart, interactive product solutions, from to devices to cloud to applications.
- Reduces risk
- Decreases costs
- Brings customer value
- Enables agility
- Application empowerment
- Secure connectivity
- Operational scale
- IoT data intelligence
Benefits for Manufacturers
Allows manufacturers to:
- Own the data
- Get up and running quickly
- Agility and configurability
- Connected Self
- Connected Building
- Connected Home
- Connected Industry
- Retailers & Service Providers
- SAIF Partners – private equity firm
- Cisco Investments – strategic investor
- International Finance Corporation – member of the World Bank Group
- Voyager Capital – venture capital firm
- Crosslink Capital – venture capital firm
- SJF Ventures – growth equity fund
Recently, Ayla Networks announced that it will supply its IoT technology to Innr Lighting, a startup company located in the Netherlands that focuses on smart and connected residential lighting.