On-Ramp Wireless is a company that enables long-range connectivity for the Internet of Things (IoT). On-Ramp’s focus is in its patented Random Phase Multiple Access (RPMA) technology, which helps deliver solutions for industrial automation, smart city, smart grid and other IoT and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) applications.
Each of the following applications are connected by the RPMA ecosystem:
- Smart City Applications
- Digital Oilfield Applications
- Smart Grid Applications
- Other IoT Applications
On-Ramp’s RPMA Technology
Other solution platforms developed by other companies are usually developed on existing wireless systems at the application or network levels. This can often degrade wireless performance, increase costs, and limit flexibility.
On-Ramp’s RPMA is built on the entire wireless hierarchy. On-Ramp markets its solution as “the foundation upon which device networking will be built.” The solution is designed primarily for wide-area M2M communication.
Advantages of RPMA
- High network capacity
- Single RPMA network access point has the ability to provide coverage to thousands of end-point devices.
- RPMA’s network architecture is easy to model, deploy, and maintain, which results in a cost-effective solution.
- RPMA Network supports device applications such as AMI, which requires the ability to operate on battery power for several years at a time.
- Deep coverage
- Deliver wide-area coverage by using a simple network architecture.
- Secure design
- Provides a set of security guarantees that are based on the National Institute of Standards and Technology.